Visualize your Salesforce with an Enticing Lightning Interface
Harnessing the latest innovation from Salesforce across all your devices for a responsive user experience
Salient Features of Salesforce Lightning
The Opportunity Kanban is a visual board to depict various stages of an opportunity process using dynamic cards to represent all the opportunities in an organization. Each column represents a particular stage in the opportunity process. This allows the managers to effectively manage the pipeline as well. This Kanban board is configurable and can be modified as per an organization’s requirement.
The list views from Salesforce Classic are readily available in Lightning Experience. The new interface allows the users to consume the available data on the go to create a donut or a bar chart.
Sales Path can be utilized across various objects of Salesforce with the Lightning Experience is guiding tool to help the Reps through various stages of the Sales process. This also can be customized to help the users to focus on the Key Details/Tasks for each stage to complete a Sale effectively.
Why move to Lightning Experience
For Business Users
- Improved home page with Performance Charts, Assistant and Account Insights
- Optimized record layouts that focus on what you can do instead of what you can view
- Opportunity Board to visually review deals and act
- Improved search
For Data Analysts
- Beautiful dashboards in a flexible layout with spanning columns that let you add more components in a row
- Sleek report views that you can filter quickly, to slice and see the data that's most important to you
- Interactive Filters while viewing a report
- Enhanced Report Charts
- Customizable Navigation Menus
- Run your application on multiple devices seamlessly
- Easy migration from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience
- Lightning Enabled Apps from Salesforce AppExchange
- Lightning App Builder for customized page layouts
- Lightning Design System, build pixel perfect apps
- Rich Component Ecosystem, Out-of-the-box set of components to kick start building apps
- Faster Development
3 Simple Steps to Lightning Experience
- Existing customer relationship touchpoints (sales, service, marketing and social)
- Field related transactions & activities (if any), data, analysis and collaboration expectations
- Existing & potential non-CRM systems and integration goals
- Device mix across the organization
Recommendations "To migrate or not to" including :
- Lightning Experience readiness report (score, observations, recommendations, suggested approach, references and best practices)
- Mobility readiness report (devices, user experience, security, suggested approach, references and best practices)
- ROI metrics, suggested next steps and follow-up audit (if any)
- Adoption to Addiction approach
- Sandbox the user experience with Lightning Design System - phased roll-out based on user-roles, functions, instances or experiences
- Migrate existing app customizations
- Build custom lightning experience pages to accomodate business continuity and consistency
- Quality check across multiple devices and mobile platforms
Successful Customer Engagements
"CRMIT is always our first consultant selected. Impressed with their dedicated and quick response. They always find the best and easiest way to solve our problem. Good partner to work with."Global manufacturer of garment hangers and associated products
"We have worked with CRMIT team on several development projects, in every case they have understood the requirements and delivered what we asked for on time and with zero defects. We look forward to working with them frequently in future. Excellent team to work with."Leading Real Estate Company
Will my existing layouts/data visibility rules be retained when I migrate?
Yes. All your existing layouts and data visibility rules will be retained even after you move to lightning experience. It’s just the look and feel of the application would change.
What happens to my old Visualforce pages? Do they stop working?
Lightning Experience brings an all new user interface to your Salesforce organization. Visualforce pages work in Lightning Experience without any revisions. Visualforce pages work the way you expect as your users switch between Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. However, depending on the features used in your existing page, you may have to test it and modify it, if necessary.
When is the last date to migrate to lightning?
Salesforce hasn’t enforced any last date to complete the migration.
Is lightning experience available for Service Cloud?
Yes, Lightning experience is available for Service Cloud.
Does My Organization Qualify for Lightning Experience?
Please find the supported editions and user licenses to see if your organization qualifies:
Table 1. Salesforce Editions Supported Editions Unsupported Editions Group Edition Professional Edition Personal Edition Enterprise Edition Contact Manager Edition Performance Edition Database.com Edition Unlimited Edition Chatter.com Edition Developer Edition Table 2. Salesforce User Licenses Supported Licenses Unsupported Licenses Salesforce Customer Community, Customer Community Plus, Partner Community All Salesforce Platform and Force.com (excluding Force.com Free) All Portal licenses Identity User Force.com Free Company (Employee) Community Data.com Work.com Database.com Content Only Ideas Only Knowledge Only Site.com Only
What does it take to Go Live with Lightning?
Rolling out a project is a lot like putting on a great show. You have to plan, market, communicate and execute.
If you are the Salesforce admin, you’re the Director of the show. For the show we’re organizing a “Lightning Experience Rollout”, you’ll plan your rollout, find an executive sponsor, develop and execute a communication strategy, and put on the show. You can decide whether to run a pilot for a set of users or go big and enable it across all the users at once.
Depending on the size of your organization, you might have a Project Manager assigned to the rollout, or you may be working with a Change Management department at your company. Or you could be organizing and executing the rollout from start to finish.
How does Lightning Experience affect AppExchange apps?
As partners we have been testing our apps in the Lightning Experience and making changes to match func-tionality as per the look & feel. When done, these apps will be marked as Lightning Ready on the App Ex-change. Please check the Salesforce App Exchange to confirm if you’re downloaded apps are Lightning ready.
How much does Lightning Experience cost?
The Lightning Experience will be available to existing customers and net new prospects at no additional cost.
Does Lightning Experience have to be rolled out to the entire organization?
No. Admins first enable Lightning Experience for the entire org, but, this won’t make it visible to every user. They can decide to roll it out to only certain users by using appropriate permissions.
What are the supported browsers for Lightning Experience?
Lightning Experience is supported with Microsoft® Internet Explorer® version 11, Apple® Safari® version 8.x on Mac OS X, and the most recent stable versions of Mozilla® Firefox® and Google Chrome™. If you’re using any other unsupported browser, you will be redirected to Salesforce Classic.
You can’t access Lightning Experience in a mobile browser. Instead, we recommend using the Salesforce1 app, when you’re working on a mobile device.
What is the experience switching between the Salesforce Classic UI and the Lightning Experience UI?
Users for whom Lightning Experience is enabled will be able to use the Switcher feature, located in the upper-right side of all pages, to toggle between the user experiences to access pages as necessary. The attributes (like field order and field-level security) will be the same in the two UIs.
If a Lightning Experience user sends a link (Chatter post or email) to a Salesforce Classic-only user, the page will not be found. Salesforce Classic links are interpreted for routing to the Lightning Experience UI, but not the other way around.
What are the Mobile Platform Requirements for Lightning Experience?
Salesforce1 is available for most Salesforce editions and user license types. The app is supported on a variety of mobile platforms, with some minimum operating system and mobile browser requirements.
Salesforce performs automated and manual testing of the Salesforce1 downloadable and mobile browser apps on a select set of mobile devices. Customers aren’t blocked from using Salesforce1 on untested devices as long as they meet current platform requirements. The list of Salesforce1-tested devices is subject to change, with or without advance notice.
Lightning Experience Migration Success Stories
Leading Manufacturer Enhanced Visibility and Simplified Sales Process by Migrating to Lightning Experience